Your Guide To Tobermory - Welcome to Tobemory at the tip of the Bruce Peninsula
Tobermory, Ontario is part of the Municipality of Northern Bruce Peninsula at the tip of the Bruce Peninsula. Tobermory is well known for it's 2 national parks - Bruce Peninsula National Park and Fathom Five National Marine Park. Tobermory is surrounded on 3 sides by water.
TOBERMORY - A NATURALIST HAVEN - Welcome to TOBERMORY!
Canadas Top Hidden Travel Gems
The top ten most-viewed spots to date are:
1. Georgian Bay in Tobermory, Ontario This is one of those places that is even better than the photos. I have been twice in the last few years and I would go again in a heartbeat !Carl
Thanks to LOCALS KNOW, Canadians have become the country?s trusted travel experts, encouraging each other to discover their own backyard this summer. Georgian Bay received top honours based on the number of views generated.
Tobermory is located at the top of the Bruce Peninsula. Tobermory offers visitors fresh, clean air, gorgeous scenery, tranquil waters, and the darkest sky's in southern Ontario. Tobermory is almost surrounded by water - Lake Huron on one side and Georgian Bay on the other. It is a naturalist haven, having 2 national parks - Fathom Five National Marine Park and the Bruce Peninsula National Park - close by.
Tobermory is renown for it's natural setting, it is a photographers paradise. There are miles of forest - with tall pines and cedars. The majestic cliffs of the Niagara Escarpment carves it's way into Tobermory along the Georgian Bay coast - there is nothing more breath-taking than standing on a rock outcropping - towering 200' above the sea green waters of Georgian Bay!
Tobermory boasts the highest concentration of native orchids in North America - take a hike along the trails, and you maybe lucky enough to spot a rare Calypso Orchid - or a gorgeous Showy Ladies Slipper Orchid. The cliff faces in the Bruce Peninsula National Park contains some of Eastern North America's oldest living trees - the "cliff dwelling" white cedar. Tobermory is the epicenter of the Unesco Biosphere Designation.
10 Best Activities around Tobermory
- Boat Tour on the Blue Heron Co Glass Bottomed Boat (Flower Pot island, Glass Bottom Ship wrecks, Sunset)
- Golf (Nine and Dine, Skins and League night, Mini Putt, Lessons and Range)
- Diving (Snorkeling and Dive the Ship Wrecks and Certifications)
- Hiking (Burnt Point loop and the Singing Sands loop of the famous Bruce Trail)
- Water Sports (Boat rentals, Kayak Rentals and lessons)
- Movies and Exhibits (Parks Can. Visitor Center)
- Cultural (Museum and Light Houses)
- Entertainment (Powwow, DJ at the Legion, and Live Bar Bands)
- Beaches (Singing Sands, Big Tub Lighthouse and Dunks Bay, Cyprus Lake)
- Photography (Parks Tower, Vistas and Orchids on Bruce Trail, the Escarpment from the water)
- Cruise (Chichi Man Dinner Cruse or Day Trip to Manitoulin)
- Fine / Casual (Grand View and The Princess)
- Casual Entertainment (Crows Nest and Bootleggers at Big Tub Lodge)
- Family (Tub House Pub at Cornerstone, Shipwreck Lees, Lighthouse, Leeside)
- Fish (Craigie’s and The Fish Shop)
- Specialty (Mermaid Secrets, Stone Orchid)
- Pizza (Adventure Inn, Bakery, Deleroca Pizza and Tub House Pub)
Sweets (Sweet Shop, Peninsula Supply and Beavertails)