The Lions Head Lighthouse was established in 1903, and was rebuilt several times due to the extreme weather conditions of Georgian Bay. Automation was done 1969 and the lighthouse was finally replaced with a metal post and light. In 1983, high school students built a replica model of the lighthouse from the blueprints of its original building. The replica lighthouse still stands in its place today, and is a popular destination for visitors and displays a flashing red light.