Big tub Light was constructed in 1885 and played an important role guiding ships into the harbour from Lake Huron and Georgian Bay. The original structure was  built for $650 AND later replaced by the six-sided, 14 metre (43 foot) wooden lighthouse that is seen today. Big Tub light has just been througha renovation and now stands proudly once again at the entrance to both harbours in Tobermory.